1. Download the FileZilla client software here: http://filezilla-project.org/
2. Enter the domain name in the "Host Field" (you can also use the server's IP address).
3. The username and the password you need to type in are the same as the ones you use to log in to your cPanel. The FTP port is 21 and is filled in automatically.
4. Click Quickconnect and the file listing will appear. Find the public_html directory and upload your files there. You will probably need to replace the index.html file that was created for you when you established your account. It serves as a "welcome" page and can be replaced.
5. Then, select the files to be uploaded and drag-and-drop them under the public_html folder. Wait for the transfer to be completed.
Troubleshooting Tip #1:
- If you are behind a firewall and/or a router you will need to use a Passive mode for FTP to get a stable connection.
You can configure this setting as shown bellow:
1. Open FileZilla and go to Edit -> Settings.
2. In the Connections section, click FTP and set the Passive mode option.
Troubleshooting Tip #2:
- Under the Filezilla "Advanced Tab", check to see if you have "Server Type" stated as "DOS". If so, change to Default (Autodetect).
- 0 Users Found This Useful
If you haven't installed Filezilla, you can download it here- http://filezilla-project.org/ Open...
You should have the program WS_FTP running on your computer, but you should not be connected to a...
This tutorial is going to teach you how to upload your files and folders using the program WS_FTP...
This tutorial will teach you how to configure a web site in the FTP program, FileZilla. You...
To begin, we will assume that you have the FTP program CuteFTP already installed and running on...