Open Filezilla and go to File > Site Manager.
You will need to know which server hosts your domain. For this example, we are using the server redwood.greenhostit.com
Enter the following settings:
Port: (leave blank)
Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
Encryption: Require explicit FTP over TLS
Logon Type: Normal
User: *your username*
Password: *your password*
- Click Connect
- Once you hit Connect for the first time the message will appear asking you to accept the server's security certificate for redwood.greenhostit.com. Click OK.
Troubleshooting Tip #1:
- If you are behind a firewall and/or a router you will need to use a Passive mode for FTP to get a stable connection.
You can configure this setting as shown bellow:
1. Open FileZilla and go to Edit -> Settings.
2. In the Connections section, click FTP and set the Passive mode option.
Troubleshooting Tip #2:
- Under the Filezilla "Advanced Tab", check to see if you have "Server Type" stated as "DOS". If so, change to Default (Autodetect).
- 0 Users Found This Useful
To use FileZilla and FTP the files to your account, follow these steps:1. Download the FileZilla...
You should have the program WS_FTP running on your computer, but you should not be connected to a...
This tutorial is going to teach you how to upload your files and folders using the program WS_FTP...
This tutorial will teach you how to configure a web site in the FTP program, FileZilla. You...
To begin, we will assume that you have the FTP program CuteFTP already installed and running on...